ELIGBILITY AND CRITERIA
Eligibility of nominees
- Individual and organizational nominations must be relevant to the selected category.
- Individuals and organizations may nominate themselves.
- Nominees must have a valid social media account that shares content on health systems, and has been active before the start of the Awards voting period.
- If a nominee controls multiple social media accounts, they can only be nominated under one of them for a given category.
What constitutes health systems-related research/topics?
Eligible topics encompass a wide range of health systems research, policy and implementation issues, including people-centred health care and health systems, health systems strengthening, health financing, health governance, human resources for health, universal health coverage, medicines in health systems, the health systems of fragile and conflict-affected states, implementation science and health, and research methodologies.
The judging panel will select only from the nominated individuals and organizations. Nominees will be scored based on:
- Relevance to the award category.
- Support provided in nomination and endorsements.
- Quality and originality of shared content.
- Engagement with their online community.
- The size of the nominee’s online community (number of followers, likes, fans, members etc.) will not be considered in the selection of the winners.
- Judges decisions are final.
Members of the judging panel:
Jeffrey V. Lazarus, Secretariat Director and co-founder, Health Systems Global (Co-chair)
Tim France, Managing Director, Inis Communication (Co-chair)
Ilona Kickbusch, Professor, Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies (Geneva)
Zoë Mullan, Editor, Lancet Global Health
Farzana Nawaz, Communications Advisor, icddr,b
Priya Shetty, Global Health Journalist
Panel members are not eligible for individual awards, and cannot continue to nominate or endorse award nominees once their participation in the adjudication process is announced.
The HSG Social Media Awards (the “Awards”) are administered by Health Systems Global and Inis Communication. Nominees who have a role in the governance/operations of Health Systems Global and/or Inis Communication and/or the Social Media Awards are not eligible for the awards.